Sunday 10 April 2011

Designing for Disasters: Blizzards

Here are some of my very first concepts relating to designing for disasters for IDES 3221 third-year studio.  Sorry they're a little bit late on my blog, as I actually drew them several weeks ago, but the first was a concept for protecting the face from frostbite (the nose and ears especially) and the second was a concept for protecting the feet from frostbite with inexpensive "bag" shoes.  The third concept was a GPS location device so that people stranded or lost outside in a blizzard could send out their location, making it easier for potential rescuers to find and save them.  My project has evolved significantly since then, and as you'll see in my next few posts, I'm designing something far different, called the "BlizzyBody".

No comments:

Post a Comment